Saturday, September 12, 2009

Sorry...

I typically don't write about my personal views on politics, religion, and other things. But a few things have been bothering me. So here goes...

1. I am very proud to be an American. For those of you that can't find anything good about where you live, I personally invite you to move to another country. Maybe then you will feel differently.

2. I am expected (by law I might add) to pay taxes, follow the rules, to be a law abiding citizen. Therefore, is it too much for that to be expected of everyone else in order to partake of the same privileges? Seems fair to me. I am sorry you were born somewhere else. Luck of the draw. I am sure my ancestors felt the same way when they came to the country, but they followed the rules.

3. Does healthcare need changes? Probably. Is the government the answer, I don't think so. Just look at the schools. The government has their hand in everything trying to make quality teachers and hold people accountable. All it has done is make teachers scared of being sued by parents who don't take responsibility for their own children. Prime example...a 2nd grader acts out, swearing, dropping the f-bomb, hitting, kicking, destroying property. The school has no recourse in which to punish the child. All they can do is keep him and the other students safe. Then the parent has the audacity to accuse the school of creating the behaviors in the child. Um, I don't think so. Just because no demands are asked of him at home, he doesn't have behaviors there. Instead of a paddle and returning to school work, the kids gets out of any kind of work, is completely controlling the adults around him and has no consequences. Wonder where he will be in 20 years?

4. Seems to me the greatest countries in the world have a foundation of Christianity. Go ahead take it out of everything. Let's see where it gets us. Oh, yeah, my daughter asking me if 2 women can get married. How do I answer that? Do I respond with my personal belief? Or, do I give her the politically correct, culturally competent answer. Do people have a right to do what they want in the privacy of their own home...sure. Do you need to push your beliefs on me? No. You chose a behavior, you choose the consequence. Oh, I forgot, we don't take responsibility for our own actions anymore. It is always someone else's fault.

Now, I feel better, I will get off of my soapbox and try not to use my blog for this purpose again...

1 comment:

TJ said...

I like when "mommy-bloggers" post their opinions. Think of how interesting it will be read in 30 years. ;) Grandma... you didn't believe in GAY MARRIAGE?!?!?!

By the way, I think alike on most of your comments. I don't there is one instance where the gov't runs a program efficiently and without massive fraud.