I have not been doing well at updating the blog or taking pictures. I don't think I will even try to update you all on the happenings in the month of November. We are all well and are looking forward to Christmas. Emma and I had the perfect opportunity to put the spirit of the season to work today. Emma and I participated with the rest of her Girl Scout
troop in packaging 10,000 meals in 2 hours to help feed the starving in
Haiti. I was very proud of all the hard work Emma put forth today. We learned that every 5 seconds a child dies from starvation. Our little church and community raised $18,000 to package 120,000 meals. Amazing.

Isaiah 58:10 "Feed the hungry, help those in need. Then your light shall shine out from the darkness, and the darkness around will be as bright as day."

Emma and I after we got home. She had such a good time, she wants to go back and work with me later this afternoon. I am one proud mama!
2 comments:
Way to go, Girls!!!
Yahoo - way to give back!
Post a Comment