Sunday, March 20, 2011

Celebrating 6 years and some honored guests.

Miss Madie turned six this weekend. We celebrated in grand fashion~with a big party! She had a ball and was busy the entire time. Never a dull moment! The theme was Hannah Montana. Fitting for a 6 year old.

Getting ready to blow out the candles..."Don't look at me, I'm embarrassed!"
Opening gifts...the highly desireable pillow pet!


The Hannah Montana Cake...all chocolate of course!

What party would be complete without a pinata! Here is
Jacob taking a whack at it! Brandon had it on a string so he could raise and
lower it at his very whim. Not fair I tell you!

Matthew in full swing! He is at his best when he gets to hit something!

Miss Madie trying for the prize!
Happy Birthday Miss Madie~ We love you!

We also have some new honored guests living with us. Brandon has been angling for these since we moved to the acreage. They are honored since I am going to have to get up before the crack of dawn to feed them! Hershey and Brownie moved in today. I was going for the names T-bone and Sirloin but Emma didn't appreciate my humor, so Hershey and Brownie it is. I realize you shouldn't name these kind of animals but with my children, it is impossible!

Emma feeding Hershey...the Black Angus bottle calf that now resides with us. They look a little skinny but we hope to fix that quickly. They are only about 2 weeks old.


This is Brownie...Matthew had to get in on the action as well. He is a Brown Swiss I believe...hence Brownie.
We can stick with the chocolate theme! Eventually, there will be more but 2 is a good start!
In other news...
  • The girls had great reports at spring conferences! Way to go girls! Very proud I must say!
  • I got a nasty flu bug a couple weeks ago that had me down and out for a good week plus some~yuck!
  • We are itching for spring...it can't come soon enough.
  • It has hit me that my children are now 8, 6 and about to be 3. I am not old enough! That coupled with American Idol singing songs from their birth year which happened to be the year I graduated from high school make me think I am getting old...ugh!
  • I have been out of blog mode...sorry I will try to do better. Here's to hoping we see you before another month has gone by!









2 comments:

TJ said...

Ah, happy b-day and cute calves. Daren wants to get a calf to raise and butcher here, too. I am worried that having one makes it a pet. ;)

Michelle {bsktgirl} said...

Happy Birthday, Madie! Love you!

Cute lil steaks ya got there! ;)