I have a taco dish at The Cheesecake Factory that I LOVE! It is to be savored! Anyway, the taco is covered with a tomatillo sauce. Absolutely delish. So I found this recipe for tomatillo sauce. Brandon really liked it with a softshell chicken taco. I also make a little mix of roma tomato, red onion and cilantro instead of salsa. The girls didn't even try it as it has jalepeno in it. If you are making tacos - give it a try! The tomatillos may be a little hard to find but I have seen them at Target and Hy-Vee. They are small green tomato-like things with a husk on the outside.
Tomatillo Sauce
6 tomatillos - husked and washed
1 jalepeno
6 sprigs cilantro
1/2 small white onion chopped
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup water
1. Boil the tomatillos in salt water 8-10 minutes or until just soft.
2. Put tomatillos, onion, jalepeno, cilantro in blender and chop until slightly coarse
3. Add 1/4 cup water or until sauce-like consistency. (I didn't have to add the water but I though I better put it in) Add salt
4. Let sit for 30 minutes before using
6 tomatillos - husked and washed
1 jalepeno
6 sprigs cilantro
1/2 small white onion chopped
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup water
1. Boil the tomatillos in salt water 8-10 minutes or until just soft.
2. Put tomatillos, onion, jalepeno, cilantro in blender and chop until slightly coarse
3. Add 1/4 cup water or until sauce-like consistency. (I didn't have to add the water but I though I better put it in) Add salt
4. Let sit for 30 minutes before using
1 comment:
Sounds yummy! Appropriate for Cinco de Mayo...
Post a Comment