Thursday, November 19, 2009

My Friend...

My friend, Colene, has been on my mind a lot this week. Some of you that live in the state may have heard about a trial going on in Humboldt County involving a 29 year old man who shot his estranged wife and her male friend. Colene is her grandmother. I listen to the news and my heart breaks for her and her family. I simply cannot imagine the pain they are going through sitting in a courtroom, listening to eye witness testimony of how she died. I ask for your prayers for Colene and her family, including her great-grandson who was left behind. She is a wonderful lady who befriended me at my first school 5 years ago. We still keep in touch and I have to stop and see her every year at the State Fair where she helps out every year. It makes me wonder why he did what he did...

1 comment:

Michelle {bsktgirl} said...

yikes...just when you think you have it bad, huh?