Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Snow, snow and more snow

Let it Snow! It is looking as though we will have a white Christmas! I am pretty sure we are in the path that got around 14+ inches of snow over the last two days. We enjoyed the chance to just stay home. We had movie night, played games, made homemade caramel corn and just vegged. Brandon is out trying to dig us out as we speak. The favorite place for snow to drift is right in front of our garage. I tried to get a good picture but the contrast of the snow makes it hard to see. When he started the snow was about belly button level on Brandon and as tall as Madelyn.
This will be one of the last times we will be digging out here...we have sold our home and will be moving to an acreage about 15 miles away. It will be wonderful for the kids and closer to work for Brandon. The girls will stay in the same school district but will be in a different elementary. They are excited and nervous all at the same time! It is looking like an end of January - first of February move! What were we thinking you ask??? We were thinking it would take A LOT more than 7 days to sell our house! I guess when things are meant to be they have a way of working out no matter what we believe the time-line should be!

I took this through the screen as it was TOO cold for me! The snow blower is buried in snow!


Brandon and Madie out in the snow. I don't know how well you can see but the top of the drift is elbow level on Brandon.

Last weekend we had the big family Christmas for Great-Grandma R. We had a nice time. It is always fun to see how everyone has grown over the course of a year. I have also realized how old I am getting. The kids that were 7 and 8 when I started coming around 10 years ago are now graduating from high school this year. Yikes! Above we have 3 generations of R. men.


Great Grandma with the kids. Matthew was not happy about having his picture taken. I cannot say enough great things about Great-Grandma. She feels like she has been my Grandma my entire life. She is sweet, grateful, humble and one of the most loving and accepting people I have had the good fortune of knowing. Love you Grandma!

1 comment:

TJ said...

Wow. Good luck with the move! We need some photos of the new house!