Sunday, April 25, 2010

Pictureless update

Hey Strangers....sorry it has been so long since I have written. Life has been a little crazy lately. Here is a quick synopsis.
  • Last weekend we went north to Grandpa and Gramdma G's house. We had lots of fun, rode in the tractors, had a bonfire and went to church. Brandon and I even found an hour or two to sneak away and have supper.
  • Work has been well, shall we say...StReSsFul! Let me summarize by saying I am very tired of entitled, spoiled rotten parents who lack communication skills and are professionals of the double standard. Yep, I think that about sums it up. I am a human, I do not have a magic wand and I am so sorry, but your child with a significant disability can be helped, not fixed...
  • Grandpa and Grandma R. stopped by today with a different horse to swap out for Curly's mom...she is rather temper-mental and doesn't really like to have the kids around her colt. I, however, have developed a bond with Curly and didn't really want to let her go. So, now we are up 1 horse. Curly loves to have a good scratch on the neck and if you catch her when it's quiet (aka no kids) she comes right up to you.
  • Friday was my Dad's birthday. We wish him a very Happy Birthday! We love you Grandpa G.!
  • We got the garden planted. When we moved, we had a very large garden already tilled, fenced and ready to go. We spent 3 nights after work planting all sorts of good things. Carrots, potatoes, beans, peas, corn, tomatoes, peppers and onions. Anyone is welcome to stop by in July and August...quite sure we will have plenty!
  • Matthew has been enjoying his new sandbox...thank you Grandpa and Grandma G.!
  • I have been trying to catch up on weeding the flower beds. I don't know that the previous owner knew how to weed. The root systems on these weeds seem to go on forever. Brandon is itching to get in there with his tiller. I do believe I am going to let him. Especially after I spent 2 hours weeding and made very little progress.
I guess that about sums it up. We have been busy with life and enjoying the outdoors. Until next time!

1 comment:

TJ said...

Daren wanted to do a big garden this year. I vetoed it. It would be a patch a weeds by July. I can barely bend down a couple times without being out of breath!