This has been a busy week.
Monday: We took the girls to the local theme park. Madie rode all three roller coasters and loved the first 2, hated the last! Emma did the Silly Silo all by herself. Crazy girl! We stood at the top and watched! The weather turned out to be perfect and we had a great day! I felt guilty for leaving Matthew at the babysitter's but I am quite sure he had more fun playing with John Deere's than sitting in a stroller all day!
Tuesday: The girls had friends over the stay the night. The got along well and had a great time. Emma's friend got homesick and decided she wanted to bail at 9:30 which caused some commotion. After that all went well!
Wednesday: We spent the day recovering from out sleepover. I also tried to mow the lawn. It needed it VERY badly with all the recent rain. I don't have a good working relationship with our new lawn tractor. I am used to something a little smaller and not with jet-propelled blades that suck up everything within a ten-foot radius. I have been mowing since I was 10 and have not destroyed as many things as I have this spring. Lets see...1. I ran over a ground wire for the electric fence 2. I hit the center bar which holds the doors to the morton building shut...jarred it just a little 3. Somehow I must have caught a wire to the chain link fence. Split the thing right in two. I heard a "chink" and the fence split in two and rolled up. Not one of my finer moments. And then, drumroll please, Wednesday I decided to try it one more time. I was mowing along, being extra careful, when I hear a loud clanging noise followed by the machine completely turning off. Come to find out, the arm that holds the deck to the mower decided to snap off. Not my fault but still...really! Did it have to happen when I was driving the silly thing???
Anyway, I had cake class #2 with Betsy and her sister-in-law, Erica. We practiced making stencils with piping gel. This is how it turned out. So much fun! I am rather proud. Brandon and I sampled a taste but we had to leave the cupcake for the girls to see when they woke up!
A perfect 1st week of summer! Except for the rain!
2 comments:
Sounds like a fun summer! Daren has been complaining about mowing A LOT. I usually do it, but it is a little too much to do 9 months pregnant in 95+ heat! I would rather mow than watch the kids. ;)
HaHA! BSG says we must have the same lawnmower genes!
I bent the drive shaft-requiring a new mower...THEN...dumb luck, while I was running the NEW one, the drive belt came off! Sheesh!
Pretty flowers!
Post a Comment