Wednesday, June 23, 2010

"No Mama"

We had some pictures done for Matthew's 2nd birthday coming up in July. He isn't very comfortable around the camera and I new going in it may not be pretty. We walked into the store, Matthew says. "no mama!". I ask Matthew to take a picture or play or smile and each time I get the response, "no mama!" I tried everything except standing on my head but I don't know that it would have mattered. This is one example of the "no mama" pose. I am beginning to HATE picture time!!! I wasn't going to have the girls' pictures taken but I put them in coordinating outfits~just in case. That didn't even work!

We harvested our first crop of peas out of the garden today. According to my girls, the peas out of Grandma G.'s garden reign supreme and will not be topped. I guess I will cook up my measly pickings and see how they rate! The peas are ready but could have definitely used more sun! There are a couple huge peas in each pod and then 2-3 more that never grew. Hopefully the rain will stop soon!

The Reward

Emma didn't mind at all helping with this chore. I usually am met with some resistance, I think she knew if she wanted to eat them, she would clean them!

Fresh!




1 comment:

TJ said...

I love that attitude. I think those shots are better than smiling ones sometimes!