Yesterday was the official 1st day of summer in our household. The girls have been out of school since last Friday but I wasn't off of work until yesterday. We started the day out with rain...lots of rain, but it was soon over and we were off. We started by getting some groceries. The kids spent last week at Grandma and Grandpa G.'s house. They had tons of fun and enjoyed every minute. I skimped on groceries since the kids were gone so we were in desperate need of food!
When we got home, we headed outside. Here are some of the day's activities.

Madie rode her bike.

Matthew was on bug patrol. He does NOT like bugs. Here he is telling me "bug!"
I don't know how this boy is going to grow up on an acreage when a single bug will stop him in his tracks!

Playing in the pool.

While we were getting groceries, they had a generic version of the slip-n-slide for 5 bucks. I think we had five dollars worth of fun yesterday. The slide was in use from 12:30-7:30 with a snack break and a supper break. Fun Times!!! Here is Madie taking the plunge.

SlAsH! Emma was trying to see how far she could slide. By the end of the night she was a good 10 ft past the end of the slide. Got grass???

More sliding fun!
Grandma and Grandpa R. stopped by for a grilled burger and to watch the kids slide. Matthew didn't particularly care for the slide, a combo of mud and cold water didn't equal fun for him. He liked watching though. Brandon and I even managed to go down a few times...I will save that picture and keep it to myself. You all don't need to be scarred for life!!!
Happy Summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment