Friday, June 25, 2010

A new addition...

We have exciting news at our house! We have 5 new baby kittens that joined the clan last night. We had a busy day. We had gone swimming in the afternoon so the kids were very tired. At 8 we decided it was bedtime. I came out from putting the kids to bed and the cat was making weird faces at me through the window so I decided to investigate. Upon going outside, it was obvious what was happening! I grabbed Melon and put her in the basket I had ready for her next to the house. She is a young cat and the first litter of kittens. Brandon says I was a good labor coach. Over the next 2 hours we proceeded to have 5 babies. The girls happened to get out of bed so they were able to witness the first 3 babies! They were so excited, they were up at 5:30 this morning to check on them!

The arrival of baby #3!


This was taken this morning. Mama cat must have done her job overnight, all 5 babies were huddled up sleeping. Perfectly content.

I also have a short video of the babies last night. Now the girls have the job of coming up with 5 names!

No comments: