Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Cankee Doodle and a snow day.

We woke up this morning to ice and snow. NO SCHOOL for us! Yippee! Brandon skated all the way to work but made it ok. This is what the driveway looked like...you can see the layer of ice.


Well, here is part 2 of my pictures that I finally downloaded. Emma had her "Winter Program" at school last night. I love how it is no longer the Christmas Concert but the Winter program. Kinda like you don't have Halloween parties anymore at school they are Fall parties. The kids still know what they are for, we just have to satisfy those parents who have to make a fuss...doesn't make sense to me...oh well, that is a story for another day.

Anyway...Em did a fabulous job at the concert, she sang her little heart out. And she looked great as well. A big thank you to Grandma G. for the beautiful new Christmas dresses for the girls. Madie had to wear hers to the concert as well. She was disappointed when she realized that she didn't get to sing as well. She knows all the songs as she has picked them up from Em. They sang Yankee Doodle (Cankee Doodle as Madie likes to say...sounds like some rare disease!), Jingle Bells, S-A-N-T-A ( a spoof on B-I-N-G-O) and GoodBye.


Madie all dressed up.

Emma, looking lovely...our picture taking session didn't go well or last long...sigh


In between all the happenings, Matthew and dad had time for a nap!



1 comment:

TJ said...

Our girls go to a Lutheran school, and it is almost equally as strange, since I grew up in public. Doing bible stories, going to chapel, praying before meals, etc. is very odd to me.

If we move, I think I will miss their school and that is about it. I don't know if we can afford the Christian school in our likely new destination. :(