My cousin, DocMom has a post regarding our grandparents and what she remembers about them. I have to say I have thought about this post since yesterday and it has made me smile remembering all about Grandma and Grandpa G. I do have a few more things to add....
1. Anyone remember Grandma's signature saying after she knocked you off in a heated battle of Aggravation?
2. Grandma knew I loved pickles so whenever I would come she would open either a can of homemade beet pickles or refridgerator pickles! Yummy! No one makes those like Gram!
3. Grandpa's "yo yo yo yo" when calling the sheep
4. Grandpa was always watching for you at the door when you were coming over
5. The sound of the windchimes right outside the front door.
6. Grandma's hat that she wore outside that had the little ball on top - I think she may have had more than one too!
7. Watching the polka show when we stayed all night.
And the signature saying (which we all still say today when we play): Revenge I have!
1 comment:
It brings a smile to my face to remember such good times with our grandparents.
Post a Comment