Friday, February 27, 2009

Smiley boy!

Ahh yes, another Friday evening. I love Fridays. There is nothing better than counting down another week til summer vacation. I must say that is the best thing about working in the schools...summer. It is just enough of a reprieve that I can go back and do it again for another school year. We ordered pizza and watched Kung Fu Panda with the surround sound and big screen. An enjoyable experience. And a good movie as well.

Matthew after his bath this week. He is now 7 months old. I took him to the dr today. He has been fighting a cold and then this morning he had green stuff instead of the usual clear drainage. Time for a trip to the dr. Sooo we are now on antibiotic for a sinus infection and ear infection. At least we caught it before the weekend!
Little man LOVES his bath. I think he knows where he is going when you start to get him undressed. Isn't he cute? Brandon has figured out there is another man in my life~true, very true.

Emma's words of wisdom for the day (yesterday).
I was working at Emma's school yesterday and there was an assembly. It was Ronald McDonald doing a 45 minute skit on friendship and the pillars of character. Anyway at one point the lesson was cooperation so the kids were divided up into three groups and had something to chant and the teachers were supposed to play air guitar. All in good fun so I participated quietly on the sidelines. After school I asked Emma what she thought of the show and she said "I saw you playing the guitar, it looked like you were playing the ukulele!"
What? The imitation of me was priceless. The sad part is that is probably the way I looked!
I was not blessed with coordination and grace.

Today
After we get home from picking up the pizza, Emma looks at her dad and says "I tricked you. I had pizza for lunch too and now I get it for supper." She turns and says to herself "I'm so smart!"
I think I should start a new column...Emma's Candor What do you think?



2 comments:

Katie said...

Very cute! BTW -- you guys got a big screen?

The Talk Times said...

Yes we did for the basement. 58 inches to be exact...