Hello Strangers! Sorry about the loooonnggg delay in posting pictures. Seems like life has been a little busy lately. Tomorrow I start back to work full time and the girls are excited to get back into their school routines. I hope and pray this year is easier than last...no more illness! Otherwise we have been busy with a wedding, back to school functions and end of summer stuff. Daddy took the day off yesterday and we all enjoyed the state fair. We had a perfect day...cool and mid 70's. A bonus...since it was Monday it wasn't too busy.
Dad and Matthew at Little Hands on the Farm. Matthew loved the John Deere trikes. Can we go again dad?
Another big hit was the butterfly exhibit. The girls had a ball for quite a long time catching the butterflies-all shapes and sizes! If you sat still enough they would land on you.
Madie took a different approach and usually had only 1. But she studied what they looked like a little more.
I think the best part of the day was when a random little girl gave our girls 2 tickets to ride the camel. What a nice thing to do. I know it made my day! The girls thoroughly enjoyed their ride. Gotta love RAK's!
Ohhh cows!
We had a great day at the fair. One disappointment though. The COST! WOW! To get Madie 1 stinking corn dog was $4! I can buy 10 hot dogs at the store for a little over 2 bucks most days. And the fountain pop was $3 and mostly ice. I usually don't complain about the price of things but seriously... If the economy is supposed to be bad and attendance is down...not rocket science!
Signing off...
1 comment:
I miss the Iowa State Fair. We might hit the OK fair.. it is a little later in the year when it cools down.
Post a Comment