Monday, February 22, 2010

The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly

The Good:
We celebrated Emma's birthday yesterday at Pizza Hut with Uncle Brett, Aunt Heather and Dylan. A good time was had by all. The weather and illnesses kinda put the damper on our party but we were able to make the best of it! My cake even tasted pretty good! Bonus: I get to try to make another one when Grandma and Grandpa come to visit for Emma birthday. We will have to try a new recipe. I would like to try chocolate ganache next...

The Bad:
More snow yesterday but only a dusting. They had forcasted 2-5 inches but all of it went to the south. We are all feeling a little house-bound and are very ready for spring! It can't snow too much more can it??? 62 inches for the year is quite enough (number 5 in the record books for all time). The secretary at school made a bulletin board with a tape measure. When you add it up like that is seems all the worse!

The Ugly:
Flu, colds, crud - YUCK! I have had enough of runny noses to last me quite awhile again. All three kids got a nasty cold with a fever. Luckily, we are on the downward slide with those. The girls thought that they didn't feel good this morning and wanted to stay home in the worst way. After some forcing...they are both surviving the day at school. A little stressful for mom...but we made it through. It helps when you know the school nurse. I got to her before Emma this morning (wink wink). No fever - back to class. I got a little glare and not one word as Em walked by me this morning. Tough love stinks! I have a feeling that if I didn't work here, this wouldn't have been an issue.

1 comment:

TJ said...

Happy Birthday, Emma! I hope you all feel better soon. I am tired of winter, too! I did see quite a few birds flying north today....