Another day and a few more boxes unpacked. I think we are coming along well and the house feels more like home all the time. Now we have to convince Madie that it is home. She went to daycare yesterday and saw the old house. Needless to say, I got a phone call stating that Madie was crying and wanting to go home to the white house. Once she is here she is fine. I guess the problem is having a daycare directly across the road from your old house! Otherwise we are going to try to get back to some sense of normalcy.
Tuesday, February 2, 2010
Soothing Blue...
Aaahhh, soothing blue it is. The painter was back today and worked her magic. She is great! I absolutely LOVE her! I think she is my new best friend. Below is the kitchen before. It was a nice bright shade of yellow. Not bad, just not me.

Sorry about the lighting in the second picture. Nighttime photos don't seem to do things justice.
Another day and a few more boxes unpacked. I think we are coming along well and the house feels more like home all the time. Now we have to convince Madie that it is home. She went to daycare yesterday and saw the old house. Needless to say, I got a phone call stating that Madie was crying and wanting to go home to the white house. Once she is here she is fine. I guess the problem is having a daycare directly across the road from your old house! Otherwise we are going to try to get back to some sense of normalcy.
Another day and a few more boxes unpacked. I think we are coming along well and the house feels more like home all the time. Now we have to convince Madie that it is home. She went to daycare yesterday and saw the old house. Needless to say, I got a phone call stating that Madie was crying and wanting to go home to the white house. Once she is here she is fine. I guess the problem is having a daycare directly across the road from your old house! Otherwise we are going to try to get back to some sense of normalcy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I really like the blue-great choice! Is that corner door a big 'ol pantry? Also like all the recessed lighting. I am loving the photo tour...keep em coming and lets chat later this week! Love you!
PS-poor little Madie... ;(
I don't care for the yellow, either. I know a lot of people that do yellow with the oak wood tones, but I think it looks washed out. The blue definitely brings out the woods!
Our entire house is builder beige. I might have to hire a painter, too. ;)
Post a Comment