Thursday, February 11, 2010

Smells like a Rose

I got a phone call from the secretary at the school today...a package came for me! She said she really thought I should come pick it up! So I packed Matthew and Madie in the car and we headed to school to pick up Emma...and my package. Much to my surprise...a box of roses were waiting for me! And there was 12 of them!


A Valentine's bouquet with a box of chocolates....from all my Valentines...
Brandon, Emma, Madie and Matthew



Matthew loved the chocolates too!

I was a little surprised to get flowers, Brandon's philosophy is why spend money on something that is just going to die in a few days anyway. Not the point...anyway...travel back in time with me...
Picture it...
We were newlyweds, living on Marco Island, FL. I took a trip to visit my sister in Dallas, TX. Brandon came to pick me up at the airport. And when I got home there was a beautiful arrangement of flowers waiting for me on the kitchen table. I immediately gushed about how great it was that he got me flowers after I had been gone for a week. He only smiled and accepted all the praise and gratitude. Of course, in true Angie fashion, I couldn't leave well enough alone and kept asking questions. I finally got to the question, "Where did you get them?"
After a brief pause...
And some hesitation...
I finally got an answer...
"From the Marriott" (that is where Brandon worked at the time)
He had dug the arrangement out of the garbage after an event and brought them home, thinking, of course, that I would like them. If I had left well enough alone I would think to this day that he "bought" them just for me.
It is the thought that counts.
I *heart* my valentine!

2 comments:

Betsy said...

Awwww!!!

TJ said...

What a sweetheart! Dumpster diving for you. ;)