Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Courage


Emma decorating cupcakes last weekend.

Courage is a pretty big word...even bigger when you are age 7. The move to the acreage was a huge decision as it had implications for the girls as well. They would have to change schools. We let Emma stay at her current school since I work there as well and it wasn't a big deal. We decided that she could attend her new school at the beginning of the next school year. She, in her 7 year old emotional maturity, is not handling the anticipation and stress of a new school with new friends. Tummy aches, tears and nail biting are just few of the symptoms making themselves known. I feel horrible. I am going to go back on my word and send her to her new school to end the knot-in-her-stomach torture. Hopefully I am making the right decision. She is being very brave about it all and isn't fighting me like I thought she would. The definition of courage...I know she really doesn't want to go but at the same time I think she is curious about her adventures to come. I'll keep you posted!

No comments: