Saturday, March 13, 2010

Random

It has been a very busy week around here. We finished up our last two days at the old school this week and prepared for the new. Emma cried most of the day on Monday anticipating what I can only assume was the worst possible thing she could imagine. Tuesday, we were on cloud nine and had the world at our feet. Wednesday...the big day was a late start due to fog. Not. Good. We dropped Madie and Matthew off at the new daycare. They did fabulously and I had not one tear as I left. Emma had a little more trouble being dropped off at school. She eventually got settled in and the rest of the week went much better. She is now much more relaxed and I think we will survive this most traumatic time in our life! *sigh*


Here she is...ready for the big first day!



Playing computer before we left. I love it when all three can sit by each other. Quietly, without poking, pinching, hitting or kicking, yelling, crying, screaming, etc.

This week we get to celebrate Madie's 5th birthday. We started the celebration early. She had her friend Cate over last night. Today we tried out the new decorating skills on some sugar cookies. The kids had fun decorating some of their own. Matthew even got in the mix and quickly learned how to squeeze the bag, lick the frosting and then go back for more.


Emma and her butterfly. Impressive!

Matthew pointing out his pile of frosting.


These are the ones I did. The little green guys are dinosaurs - Stegosaurus I believe.
Madie has also decided that these are the cookies she wants to bring for treats to her new preschool for her birthday. Looks like we will be making another batch of cookies! Madie did quite well at her new school too. It helps a lot that the little girl she goes to daycare with is also in her class. Madie and Sydney are having great fun getting to know each other.

In other news...
I have decided to pitch a tent outside for the summer. Matthew loves being outside. In fact, just try to bring him in. Back bending, feet and arm flailing tantrums soon follow.

Brandon has what probably amounts to a couple hundred pounds of rock to pick up off the yard. The snow + learning how to run a new tractor/snowplow = a lot of rocks on the yard. I picked up four 5 gallon buckets yesterday and didn't make a dent. Sounds like fun. Brandon offered to pay the girls a dollar for every bucket they picked up...just like Uncle Mark when he was little. They haven't taken the bait yet. Looks like they just get to do it...without compensation.

Buddy got a long overdue haircut this week. Emma and Madie thinks he looks like a Chihuahua. I think we just forgot what he really looked like.

Rain, melting snow and more mud than I care to think about. Pray for sun and 60...
Later!






1 comment:

Michelle {bsktgirl} said...

Happy Birthday, Miss Madie!

...a dollar? cheap a$$. Certianly there has been some inflation since mark was a kid...up the anty and see if you get some help! ;)