Monday, November 10, 2008

And the award goes to...

And the award for Mother of the Year goes to....ME!
Brandon figured out after 3 whole days of drops in Madie's eyes that she is allergic to them. Yes, folks, I said allergic. Remember I said Madie does illness with a style and grace all her own? Well, this is yet another instance of that. Her eyes just didn't seem to be getting better with the drops, in fact they just got worse. Her poor little eyes. She kept complaining they hurt and we just didn't get it. I have to wonder if it wasn't the sulfate in the drops that did the trick. Who knows... but I win a big fat trophy for that one. Kinda like the time I just kept putting the shoes on Emma until one day she said her feet hurt. Duh, they were 3 sizes too small... no joke. Her little feet just kept going in so I didn't think anything about it. Wonderful...I'm going to have my mantle filled with trophies by the time the kids are grown! *sigh*

2 comments:

TJ said...

Poor Madie! I had an eye infection over the summer and despite two different docs (and two different drops) saying it was pink eye, I don't think it was. Neither Daren nor the girls picked it up, and you know how pink eye goes.

You will de-throne me as mom of the year. ;)

Michelle {bsktgirl} said...

Dear Mother of the Year Candidate:
Do not be so hard on yourself, how exactly would you know of this allergy? And what kid, other than Madie, is ever allergic to eye drops!? Jeesh! At least you are on the right track now! Love you!