Friday, November 7, 2008

Honesty the best policy???

I don't know that honesty is always the best policy...this was the conversation at the supper table tonight:
Madelyn: I like the snow. We can go slide when the hill is all covered.
Me: Hey, Mom can go sledding this year too! There's no baby in my tummy anymore.
Madie: Oh, we're gonna have to get a bigger sled!
Brandon: chuckle, chuckle

Thank you, thank you my lovely daughter. Thank you for pointing out the painfully obvious. Sometimes it is nice to live in the unrealistic bubble that I am still the same old size 6 that I was in college. Rather hard to do with an honest 3 year old around.

1 comment:

Katie said...

OMG, I am laughing so hard!! What it reminds me of is the other day Aidan asked Wade if he had a baby in his tummy too! HA!! Gotta love those 3 year olds!