Thursday, November 20, 2008
Pet Peeve...
Ok, we have established that I have to work. Since I do, I would like to get something off of my chest. I know that others who work with children have expressed the same frustration. PARENTS! The biggest pain in my side when I go to work everyday are parents. I don't have a problem with parents who advocate for their children. It is how they do it. For example. Don't tell me what I am doing is good one day and then when we get to the meeting with 10 other people, tell me I am doing crap work and completely speak out of the other side of your mouth! I, like many other people who choose to work with other people's children, for little money I might add, did not go into the field to do harm to your child. In fact, just the opposite, I want to help your child. I work 40+ hours during the week helping other people's children. I don't get to spend that much time with my own! (5-6 hours out of the day compared to 7-8) It doesn't really want to make me work harder when you tell me through your actions that you do not appreciate what I do for your child or that you are entitled to anything and everything your heart desires. Sorry, doesn't work that way in my world. No wonder the average life span of a career in special education is 7-10 years...parents! Whew...not that I have gotten that over with, I feel much better. There is a lot more I could say on the subject but we will let it go at this!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You do great work, and there are many that appreciate you!!! But yes, it's the same in nursing, social work, and education in general. It's because emotions run deep when someone else is dealing with your child! Keep your chin up!
I couldn't deal with the kids or the parents. There is a reason why I do software for a living. A tall tree and short piece of rope would be in order otherwise. ;)
There are a few kids with speech issues in the girls' school. In their shoes, I personally would send them to public so they could get them help. Maybe they pay for speech on the side. ?!?!?!?
AMEN, SISTA!
Post a Comment